Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ready or not...

Well, after 35 weeks of an extremely uneventful pregnancy, I was surprised by the sudden turn of events yesterday. At my weekly doctor appointment they noticed elevated blood pressure and presence of proteins in the urine, signs of preeclampsia. So the doctor wanted me monitored at the hospital for a while. That turned into an overnight, 24+ hour stay as they monitored me and baby. I was completely shocked when the doctor said if my protein levels were still high today they would induce today. If they were okay, they'd get me to 37 weeks and then induce.

Fortunately, this afternoon I was given the okay to go home yet stay on strict bedrest. They want me back on Saturday for a non-stress test and then again on Monday to see the doctor. She said she wants to induce within the next week. WOW! Not at all what I expected.

I was quite relieved to have an ultrasound this morning and find everything okay with the baby. Size and weight looked average for 36 weeks and lungs were functioning, so Baby Sak should be okay to deliver early. I will be 37 weeks on Monday but want to wait as long as the doctor will let me! The news is still settling in...I was fully expecting to go to 40 weeks (or longer) and still have lots to do, but that will all have to wait for now. Baby...ready or not, here you come!!! :)

1 comment:

WAKonings said...

Wow! I had just seen your facebook post, but now I understand why you will be meeting Baby a little sooner than you were hoping for. Honestly though, babies are much more fun out than in!! Thinking of you and Baby!!!